06 April 2007

Book Recommendation - Papercraft Zoo

You've probably seen most of the cute papercraft models featured here like this Corgi, or this giraffe, and even this other dog, they were all created by Kei Goto from the revered KeiCraft Papercaft Studio in Japan. We seldomly see this finely crafted and simplistic style of papercrafts here in the US, and rarely do they sell these on the popular online bookstores - unless you go look for it on some specialty store and wouldn't mind paying extra on oversees shipping. So when I found out that Kei's bestselling book, "Papercraft Zoo", has been made available again here in the US through Amazon.com, I've decided to personally recommend this and insist that beginners and collector's alike should not miss this one and buy a copy of it while it's available locally. The papercrafts on this book are easy to assemble and the price is very much affordable. Follow the link on the bottom of this post to go directly to it's Amazon page.




Papercraft Zoo [via Amazon]


6 comments:

  1. Nice find Ron, I've always love Kei's style of paper crafts - he has this "non-blocky" feel to it, sort of smooth. I also like to thank you for posting this one - I've been wanting to buy it since Jamie at Paperforest mentioned it, but I couldn't find it on any English speaking store and I was scared to buy on the Japanese and Korean sites that offered it (coz I cant speak a their language). I've placed my order already and I should be getting it on the first week of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >ashley

    Your welcome, I'm glad I could help. Coincidentally, it was also through Jaime's post that I found out about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you place your order yours today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what??? I bought my copy 2 years ago

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your statements, this is probably one of the best papercraft books out there for beginners, it's simple and easy to follow(well, all of Keicrafts models are) there's just something with Japanese papercrafts compared to their American and European counterparts - the Japanese have a smooth surface thing going on for them while the Western version has that block-effect to it that makes it look rough. An example would be that Link from Ninjatoes, it looks like a diastrophic dwarf, Chokipetas is way better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How come Amazon doesnt have that much papercraft/paper model books?

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on Paperkraft.net are moderated, please keep it on-topic and avoid using any profanity. For questions and requests, use the Contact page to email me directly.