16 December 2010

Robo Mistletoe Paper Toy (Christmas 2010)

Robo Mistletoe Paper Toy

So here we are just a few days a way from 2011, what a year it has been for papercrafts/paper toys...

If you've been following us on Facebook you've probably seen the photos / video that I've put up showing three new paper toys. These were created by Crafty Little Sod (CLS) - a new addition to Paperkraft.net who will be our "in-house" paper toy designer ^^. Here's what he has to say:
Crafty Little Sod

Hey guys. My name's Crafty Little Sod – pleased to meet you!

I'm a budding paper toy designer from the UK. I work – by day – as a magazine editor, writer and designer for a national charity. I've only been a toy designer since the end of the summer, 2010 – when I was lucky enough to meet a couple of local toy designers.

They turned me – I was smitten with paper toys from my first-time build! And I've never been shy of a challenge, so once I'd made a few toys designed by other people, I knew I had to have a crack at designing my own.

Paper toys combine so many of the things I enjoy; it's no wonder I've so quickly immersed myself in the paper world. I like toys and collectibles. I like crafts and critters. I like graphic design and pop art. Paper toys really encompass every one of my hobbies! Well, almost every one. I am working on how to make an edible paper toy that tastes of Mexican food and sounds like folk rock, but have enjoyed limited success so far ;)

As a serious sci-fi fan, it seemed natural that my first range of toys should be a collection of robots – and so the Romantical Robots series was born! Meanwhile, there are plenty more creatures swimming around (and sauntering around, swooping, giggling and blowing raspberries) in my mind. I hope you'll get to meet them one day. Download their nets, cut them out, fold them up, stick them together – and love them unconditionally!

I didn't set any weekly or monthly deadline, so CLS will be making paper toys for us at his own pace, that means models will be out when they're done ^^. In return for all the free paper toy goodies that he will make for us he only wishes that if you can, please help Epilepsy Action, a charity organization that is very near and dear to him.

With that said, Crafty Little Sod and me wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, please enjoy Robo Mistletoe - the first of many wonderful paper toys to come.

Christmas 2010 - Robo Mistletoe Paper Toy [Download]

Happy Christmas Tree Papercraft [Related Posts]
Santa Claus Papercraft Advent Calendar
Santa's Elves Papercraft
2010 Santa Claus Papercraft and Reindeer Set
Very Merry 2010 Christmas Papercraft Set


6 comments:

  1. Cool robot design, when are they released?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally!!! I've always wondered why you never had your own paper toys. Good to see ya got a fellow Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry CHristmas Crafty Little Sod and thanks for the papertoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! cannot wait to see the other two robots.

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on Paperkraft.net are moderated, please keep it on-topic and avoid using any profanity. For questions and requests, use the Contact page to email me directly.